August 21, 2019
Download further information (PDF)
ARCHIVIST / LIBRARIAN VACANCY
The Faraday Institute for Science and Religion wishes to appoint an appropriately qualified and self-motivated individual to catalogue its book holdings and paper archives, and to undertake a project to catalogue its extensive and internationally significant digital holdings of audio-visual lectures and presentations. The successful candidate will have relevant background experience and must be in agreement with the ethos and aims of The Faraday Institute.
Hours: One to two days per week (0.2-0.4 full time equivalent) for 1 year in the first instance.Working hours negotiable. Salary : TBC depending on qualifications and experience, plus benefits including a generous pension scheme and life assurance.
• Education to degree level in relevant subject area
• Experience of working in an archive, including cataloguing
• Familiarity with archival cataloguing and metadata standards including ISAD(G), EAD
• Understanding of archive-related legislation, including GDPR
• Ability to work in a team, and alone, setting priorities for tasks using own initiative
• Strong IT skills • Attention to detail and good organisational, record-keeping and administrative skills
Applications quoting Position FP3/04 should include a CV, naming three referees, together with a covering letter summarising the relevance of the applicant’s background and experience for this position. A job description and person specification is available on request.
Applications should be sent to the Faraday Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 23rd September 2019. Interviews are expected to be held on Tuesday 8th October 2019.
See all news items »